CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
Salary range £49,481- £62,026 Grade 8
Full time 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the appointment of a Chief Financial Officer. Our well-established trust is collaborative and supportive, with 19 Church of England primary schools across Suffolk and an annual revenue turnover of approximately £16m. The CFO has both a key strategic leadership and a technical role, ensuring sound financial management, preparing and monitoring budgets and ensuring the delivery of annual consolidated accounts.
We are looking for an exceptional person to:
- Support the Trust in the development of our strategic goals
- Provide accurate and timely financial information to our trust’s board of directors and ensure regulatory compliance
- Provide professional advice and support to our headteachers
- Lead our central MAT finance team in monitoring and controlling financial operations and in providing support and direction to school business managers
You will need to:
- Be a fully qualified accountant
- Have experience of public sector/ charity sector finance, ideally within the education sector
- Have an in-depth understanding of internal financial controls and compliance
- Be able to meet deadlines
We can offer:
- Local Government conditions of service including the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to work in a successful organisation, making a difference to young people’s lives
- A town centre location
- Flexible working
- Friendly and supportive team
For more information, please see the job description, person specification and application form and visit our website www.cofesuffolkmat.org/vacancies
- Closing Date: Monday 12 October 2020 at 12 noon
- Interviews will take place on Wednesday 21 October 2020.
Applications will only be accepted on the MAT’s application forms, please do not apply online or send CVs.
We are committed to safeguarding and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and satisfactory references.